Monday, January 23, 2012

TUESDAY
Waiting… the clock ticks and I watch the hand hit 6. I am off work and its time to head home to meet my parents for our last dinner. They made majadito (unripened plantains mashed with onions and tomatoes and chicharones) and were excited to see me home. Chris came over and had dinner with us and even had a second helping at dinner which is very rare. I deeply enjoyed being surrounded by my family and my best friend. I will miss them greatly when I am away.
WEDNESDAY
Got on the plane. Flew for 21 hours.
THURSDAY
Arrived in Kampala. Got in a van and drove for 1 hour to our hotel. Fairway hotel does not look like its pictures. The hot water ran red from the rust so we did some cold showers for the night. Kiki asked me to wash my hair after I successfully washed mine in the sink with her shampoo. The baby wipe bath was refreshing and got the job done. I washed her hair and laughed uncontrollably when the cold water came on and she let out an ear piercing shriek. Delaura popped into the closet sized bathroom and snapped some pictures of Kiki’s spa treatment. I used my ninja skills to save Kiki’s life mid-wash and smashed a hungry mosquito with my shampoo covered hand. We then proceeded to get ready for bed. We pushed the beds together and made a super fort with the mosquitoes nets elaborately held together with hair ties and bobby pins to cover three beds. Slept for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment