Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 2- Welcome to Brussels

7 am their time.

The flight attendants greeted us with a chipper good morning announcement. I look outside and Brussels is beautiful when it is lit up at night. I grab a coffee and relax as the plane lands on the strip- still amazed I am awake and have not slept yet. It's about 3am at home. Woah

We got off the plane and it's 9 degrees outside. Insane! Melideo is the first to leave of the group. She waits for the rest of us at the end of the tram. Once we have our group gathered together, we head up for T69- a bus picks us up from the airport to take us to our next destination

7:45 am... Waiting...
I noticed a lot of women who were dressed in Ugandan clothes. i loved the different patterns and textures they wore.
We all go to our gate and sit and wait for 3 hours for our flight to Kampala. I tried to connect to the Internet but it was way too complicated to create a log-in and password in Belgian. Sophia, Delaura, Melideo and I played 2 card games of Speedy.

10:45 Take off
I sat next to a gentleman who looks like he belonged in a Russian mafia. We didn't exchange words the entire flight- except is I had to use the bathroom.

8 hours of the flight...
I wanted to stay awake for the beginning of the flight to see the view from the window. I drifted off for a few hours and when I woke up, I saw beautiful mountains. I had no idea where we were but I could not stop looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment