Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Welcome to Uganda!

We gather up our group, including Lacey who we met on the plane. She is really nice and very sweet. As soon as we go inside the airport, I had to pay the expect $50 to enter the country. I received my first stamp in my passport and my first finger print in a new country!

Lacey leads us to our driver, named Emma who is a graduate from Arlington Academy of Hope.
By this time it is midnight in Uganda and it took us about 45 minutes to arrive to the Fairway Hotel. Driving here was absolutely crazy! It amazes me how the people there just walk in the streets while cars and bota-botas are driving.

We finally arrive to Fairway Hotel in Kampala- very beautiful with statues and carvings of animals and village women.

Our rooms;
Melideo has a single room while the rest of the girls shared one room. We ended up building a huge fortress with our mosquito netting.

I skyped yanni and Britney, his girlfriend. After that we played hours of Go Fish. Delaura made a funny comment about the game saying "Why go fish? What am I fishing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment