Monday, April 23, 2012

Tuesday: DeLaura vs The Narcissistic Rooster


I was woken up at 2 am, 4am, and 5 am by a narcissistic rooster who I believe was beginning to taunt me. The nervousness of the seminars has left after yesterday’s success. But my calm demeanor was slowly beginning to dissipate as that blasted rooster cooka doodle dooed the morning away. I shook off my pre-coffee blues and began the morning as I did the day before. A yummy breakfast of peanut butter honey and banana over bread with a large cup of Uganda’s infamous coffee and finally the day began to look bright. Today’s seminar was on increasing student engagement. A topic that is universally important. I introduced the BINGO song. It was amazing to see the excitement in the teacher’s eyes as they recited this song. Seeing the glow in their eyes made my malevolent plans the narcissistic rooster disappear. I don’t want to leave Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment