Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Journey Begins- Going To Uganda. Day 1

Wednesday January 11th:
3:00

Mom, Dad, Ms. Lynn take me to Dulles Airport to meet with Melideo, Sophia, and Delaura. The entire ride, Mom was full of nerves. When I got to the airport, Deluara was the only other person there from our group. We waited around and talked about how excited we were to travel over seas for the first time.

Melideo and Sophia finally came. Mom started to cry as we were going to get our bags checked- I mean hysterically crying. I called Yanni, my brother, and gave me last several goodbyes to everyone.

5:00
Boarding the plane.
Sophia and I went to the airports PotBelly- delicious! I was still full from my dinner so I just got a strawberry and banana smoothie with yogurt. I messaged Yanni to let him know that I was about to board the plane.

We board the plane. It takes forever to put my carry on in the compartments. It took me a good 10 minutes to find an available one.

5:45 Take off
For the next 8 hours- going to Brussels, Belgium, I am placed directly across from Sophia and next to a woman and her little daughter who was about 4 years old. I had to get in and out of my seat for this woman and her child- who could not make up her mind of wanting to stay seated or discover the airplane. I understand the girl was young and she was antsy, but I literally counted 12 times throughout the entire flight of how many times I had to get in and out of my seat.

Luckily, the movie selection on the back of the seats kept me occupied for the majority of the time. I watched some movies that have just been released like Something Borrowed, 30 Minutes or Less, and Seasons of Park and Recreations.

We were served dinner that night which was a choice of chicken or pasta- I chose pasta. I didn't really care for it but I shouldn't be complaining. The meals came with a small salad with ranch dressing, bread, and a small walnut brownie.

I eventually made my way over to sit with Sophia since she had an extra seat next to her. I was exhausted but I did not sleep at all during that plane ride

No comments:

Post a Comment