Monday, April 23, 2012

Thursday: DeLaura Vs Mr. Kitty

The Landscape in Uganda is gorgeous. The People are Friendly. The food is delicious. The animals are another matter. I am beginning to believe animals of Uganda hate me. First it was the Narcissistic rooster then it was the constipated cow that plotted to sleep deprive me into a mental institution. But lucky for me I sleep harder the more sleep deprived I am. Ha ha! But I have been tested once again. This time with one of Americas most loved animal the devils spawn AKA a tabby Cat! The day started off as the ones before it, rooster, cow, malevolent thoughts, breakfast, coffee, and then happiness. We went to the school excited as always. Although there was a touch of gloom because we knew that there was only one more day left. Today’s lesson was personalizing learning. We taught techniques such as survey graph and design your own coat of arms. The time and detail the teachers put into their coat of arms made me almost shed a tear. I was touched by their account of what they found important enough to put on their coat of arms. At the end of the day we were invited to go to the founder, John Wanda, parent’s home. Never have I met better people. They were soooo nice! They cooked us a huge meal of delicious treats. 
 They spoke to us about the village and their family. I knew once I met them I would never forget them.I also will never forget their cat. A cat that seemed so innocent meowing at me with huge eyes and a seemingly sweet disposition was actually, in my opinion, laughing at me. I am allergic to cats. I sneeze and get watery eyed whenever near them. So what did this cat want to do, cozy on next to me -_- . When I tried to subtly shoo it away it gave me an evil look that warned me to not try that again. But I am not going to fear a small feline that I could pick up with one hand. The cat finally left. Thinking I finally had won I settled into getting down with my scrumptious meal. But when I paused for breath I looked up to the most horrified situations of my life. Mr. Tabby scaled the walls to a high perch above my comfortable position on the couch. The cat gave me a wicked kitty grin and proceeded to dive bomb my position. Touché mister kitty, Touché. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment